Have you accidentally dropped your disposable vape into water or spilled a drink over it? We know it’s annoying and may leave your device useless. Fear not, though, for there is a fix: finding out how to draw water out of a disposable vape.
You can save your vape’s life and prevent having to buy a new one by following a few straightforward steps and using some simple materials that you may even have at home. In this article, we’ll show you how to mend a wet disposable vape so you can quickly resume enjoying your favorite e-liquid tastes.
What happens when you get a disposable vape wet?
Disposable vapes, vape pens, and electronic cigarettes have become increasingly popular as more people use them as an alternative to conventional smoking. It is said to be healthier, and these gadgets are a practical choice if you’re on the run. Unfortunately, they are also quickly damaged by water, just like any electrical equipment.
Whether from a pool dip or an unintentional spill, water damage to your disposable vape may be expensive. Here are just a few of the possibilities:
- Using a wet disposable vape has the potential to cause a variety of problems, from mild annoyance to significant health dangers.
- Water can thin the e-liquid and lower the amount of vapor produced by a device’s heating element. Because of that, the vape may not provide the desired nicotine impact and may taste weak.
- Water in a disposable vape’s battery compartment can result in a short circuit and put you at risk of fire and explosions.
- When breathed as vapor, water that is included in the e-liquid may irritate the throat and lungs. If you already have respiratory diseases like asthma, you need to be careful about this.
- If the vaporizer has come into touch with some dirty water, your vape can have germs and other microbes.
To fix a wet disposable vape, you’ll need a few basic materials, including:
- Paper towels or a clean cloth
- A small bowl or container
- Uncooked rice
- A hairdryer (optional)
Before you start, it’s crucial to understand that trying to restore a disposable vaporizer that has been in contact with might not always work and might cause lasting damage. We advise discarding the gadget and buying a new one if too much water has gotten inside.
For more info on disposable vapes and the easiest way to fix them, you can check out this video.
With that said, here are the steps for fixing a wet disposable vape:
Step 1: Remove the Cartridge and Battery
First, you must take out the device’s cartridge and battery. This will make it simpler to reach any potential water-trapped places.
To remove the battery cover or access panel, it might be necessary to pry the lid off with your fingers or a little screwdriver. You should be able to see the batteries within the gadget now. Slide the batteries out of their slots slowly to avoid destroying any connections or other parts of the gadget.
Step 2: Dry off the Outside of the Vape
Dry the vaper’s exterior as much as you can with a paper towel or a clean cloth. Keep an eye out for any cracks or challenging-to-reach places where water could be infiltrated.
Step 3: Remove Any Visible Water from the Inside of the Vape
Then, carefully wipe any visible water from the interior of the gadget using a paper towel or other soft material. The inside of the gadget should not be cleaned or rubbed since doing so might harm the circuitry.
Step 4: Use a Drying Agent to Remove Any Remaining Water
You can use a drying agent, like uncooked rice, to get rid of any leftover water from the vape’s inside. Place the vape into a small bowl or container that has been entirely filled with rice. The vaper’s moisture will be absorbed by the rice, which will aid in drying it out.
As an alternative, you can blast air into the gadget using a hairdryer in a colder setting. To prevent overheating the electronics, be sure to keep the hair dryer at least a few inches away from the vape.
Step 5: Leave it to dry on its own
After you’ve dried the device as much as you can, keep it in a dry location for at least 24 hours to enable any water that may still be there to evaporate. Unless you are satisfied that the gadget is entirely dry, avoid using it.
Step 6: Reassemble the Vape and Test It
The final step is to reassemble the disposable vape after it has been dried. Reinstall the cartridge by screwing it back onto the battery portion first, and make sure the cartridge is properly fastened, but not so tightly that it harms the device. After putting the disposable vape back together, turn it on by quickly pushing the power button five times.
After the vape is reassembled, test it to make sure it’s working properly before using it. If your e-cigarette is still not functioning correctly, it may be time to say goodbye to it and replace it.
If you would like some visual help on how to get your vape’s battery out safely, this video can help you.
Other tips you can use if nothing worked:
- Use a Dehumidifier: Use a dehumidifier to remove extra moisture from the air if you live in an area that is unusually humid or if your disposable vape has sustained significant water damage. This can hasten the drying process and stop the gadget from suffering more harm. Put the gadget in a space with a dehumidifier, or buy a portable dehumidifier just for this.
- Use a vacuum cleaner: A vacuum cleaner is another efficient method for getting water out of a disposable vape. If there is water deep inside the device that is hard to remove using a cotton swab or paper towel, this procedure can work better. Turn it on and the water will be sucked right out by using the hose attachment. To prevent damage, make sure to keep your vape stable and don’t press too hard on it.
Preventing Water Damage in the Future
Of course, preventing water damage to a disposable vape in the first place is the best course of action. Here are some pointers for keeping your disposable vape from becoming wet:
- Avoid using your vaporizer near water! Water and electronics don’t mix well, so don’t use them in moist or humid conditions, and keep them away from any mist and water sources like a sink or swimming pools.
- Be careful to keep your vape dry when it needs a break. Keep it comfy in a case or bag and keep it away from any wet or humid regions. In this manner, you may relax knowing that your vaporizer is protected from any unintentional spills or mishaps.
- Avoid extreme temperatures: Disposable vapes can be sensitive to extreme temperatures, so try to avoid exposing your device to excessive heat or cold. For example, don’t leave it in a hot car or out in the cold for extended periods.
- Don’t overuse the device: Disposable vapes have a limited lifespan, so it’s important to use them sparingly. Once you notice a decline in the device’s performance or flavor quality, it’s probably time to dispose of it and get a new one.
- Be careful with vape liquid: If you need to refill your disposable vape with e-liquid, be careful not to overfill it or spill any on the device. Use a steady hand and take your time to avoid any accidental spills.
Is your disposable vape still not working?
You should get in touch with the manufacturer for assistance if your disposable vape is still not functioning. They might be able to recommend a solution or provide a gadget replacement.
Properly dispose of your device: if your disposable vape is broken and cannot be mended, it’s crucial to do so. Make careful to dispose of your vaping equipment in line with local laws because many of them contain potentially toxic components.
Keep in mind that single-use disposable vapes aren’t meant to last a lifetime. When your gadget has reached the end of its useful life and is no longer functional, it should be discarded and replaced.
Whether you’re a seasoned vape enthusiast or a beginner, accidents happen, and knowing how to handle water damage is a valuable skill to have. In the end, getting water out of a disposable vape is just another opportunity to show off your problem-solving skills.
So grab your cotton swabs, rice, and vacuum cleaner, and get to work. And who knows, you may even discover a new passion for DIY vape repair. We hope that this article has helped provide you with tips and techniques to get water out of a disposable vape, but if you still have questions, don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments.