Do you want to learn more about the different vape components? Then one of the things you need to familiarize yourself with is the atomizer.
But what is an atomizer on a vape, exactly?
Let’s discuss this – and more – below.
What is a Vape Atomizer?
The atomizer helps produce the vapor/flavor you inhale when you vape. It is composed of the following elements:
- Atomizer coil. This heating element can generate temperatures ranging from 180°F and 500°F.
- Cotton wick. It helps connect the resistance coil and the cartridge (where the juice is stored.) The oil on the wick fibers travels to the e-coils, where it is heated and vaporized.
With the help of the parts mentioned above, the atomizer can perform its three essential functions:
- Holding your e-juice (as a reservoir)
- Heating the surface to vaporize the liquid
- Transporting the e-liquid from the reservoir to the heating area
The atomizer, of course, can’t work by itself. It needs the assistance of several other components, such as the following:
- This supplies the power needed to heat the coil – and produce the vapor.
- Available in reusable and disposable types, this component stores the juice. It only touches the wick, as a membrane isolates it from the electronic coils.
- This allows you to inhale the vapor.
The History of the Atomizer
Kender developed the atomizer in 2010. He got the idea from a model railway enthusiast who used mesh to produce steam.
Inspired by this innovation, he developed a system with a wire mesh wick saturated with liquid. He eventually called it the ‘Genesis,’ and rightly so! It did help jumpstart the revolution that is vaping.
In fact, Kender inspired Raidy, a German national who set out to create rebuildable tank atomizers the same year.
Three years later, Svoëmesto released the Kayfun 3.1, which is the first widely-distributed high-end atomizer. Nowadays, it has become one of the most replicated designs in the world.
Just a year after, Taifun GT gave Svoëmesto a run for their money by launching flavor atomizers. Thanks to these two companies, the world was introduced to the ‘cool’ era of vaping.
- Slender, leather-textured body reminiscent of a katana handle for an authentic samurai feel
- Unique samurai-inspired e-liquid flavor - fruity yet not too sweet, with a luxurious, elegant aroma
- Powerful 650mAh rechargeable battery for extended vaping time
- Large 18ml e-liquid capacity and 10,000 puff capacity
- Advanced mesh coil and e-liquid & power display screens for optimal vaping experience
The special juice captures the essence of the samurai spirit with its rich, smoothly pulsating flavor that brings new satisfaction with every puff. The device's slender, leather-textured design evokes the grip of a samurai's katana, making this product a perfect choice for vaping enthusiasts inspired by the way of the warrior.
Different Types of Atomizers
There are many types of atomizers that you can use for your e-cigarettes. They are:
The cartomizer is an affordable and disposable entry-level atomizer. In fact, you can buy packs of 3/5 at prices ranging from $10 to $30.
With the low price, of course, comes sub-par quality. The vapor it yields may not be as good as the others in this list. It also leaks more, so you must be careful when using it.
This atomizer comes with a tank that is linked directly to the battery. It’s simple to use and maintain, and the tank can last for days/weeks of use.
Given these stellar features, the clearomizer can be pretty costly.
One downside to the clearomizer is you won’t be able to change flavors once you’ve filled it with cannabis oil – unless you finish the entire thing, of course.
3. Dripping Atomizer
This drip-tip atomizer is perfect if you’re looking for a pure, hard-hitting flavor. That’s because you can add 3-4 drops of vape juice directly to drip tips.
The only drawback to this drip tip atomizer is the design itself. In other words, you’ll need to pour a few drops of juice every 3 or 4 puffs.
How to Clean Your Atomizer
Cleaning your atomizer, as with other vape parts, is essential. If you keep it unkempt, dirt and residue could build up and stop your vape from functioning correctly.
The good news is you can prevent this from happening simply by following any of these three cleaning methods:
1. Cotton Bud Method
If there’s not a lot of dirt on your atomizer, you could clean it using a cotton bud and isopropyl alcohol.
Dip the Q-tip in the alcohol solution to clean the dirty coil areas. Replace the cotton bud as needed.
Be careful in cleaning your atomizer, even if you’re using a soft cotton bud. Adding excess force when cleaning may result in coil damage.
2. Atomizer Soak
If your atomizer is ridden with grime, the best way to clean it is to soak it in alcohol for 30-60 seconds. Afterward, wipe the dirt away with cotton buds.
Tip: let the atomizer dry entirely before using it.
3. Pin/Paperclip Method
If residue has built up in hard-to-reach areas, you may remove them with the help of a pin or paperclip. But do remember: after dislodging the stuck dirt, make sure to clean the rest of your atomizer.
4. Disposable Vapes
Disposable Vapes contain a simple pre-built atomizer designed for convenience and consistency. Unlike the separate tanks and coils used in vape mods, the atomizer in a disposable vape is integrated into the sealed device.
Therefore, the atomizer in a disposable e-cigarette cannot be cleaned or maintained since it is sealed inside the device. However, the quality of the atomizer determines the vaping experience from start to finish. Only a high-quality atomizer can deliver a consistent experience from the first puff to the last, Smokers should opt for proven disposable vapes like SPIRITBAR Vape, knowing their pre-built atomizer is designed to deliver flavorful, satisfying hits with every puff.
Building on the convenience of disposable vaping, SPIRITBAR Vape has introduced innovative new options like the SPIRITBAR Jack’s Flask and SPIRITBAR Katana disposable vapes. Thanks to large e-liquid reservoirs, these products deliver an exceptional 9000-10000 puff capacity for extended vaping time. Helpful features include e-liquid and power display screens so vapers can monitor usage.
Despite the premium quality and performance, SPIRITBAR‘s disposables remain affordable. Jack’s Flask and Katana ship free when purchasing just one device. Vapers can enjoy bold pirate-inspired or refined samurai flavors for an accessible price.
SPIRITBAR also impresses with unique disposable vape designs. Jack’s Flask evokes a pirate’s adventurous spirit with its flask-shaped body. Katana’s slender, leather-textured chassis is reminiscent of a samurai sword’s grip.
By combining extended battery performance, flavor variety, intuitive displays, creative designs, and reasonable pricing, SPIRITBAR‘s new disposable vape options showcase how convenience vaping can also be powerful, customized and budget-friendly.
- Stylish pirate flask-shaped body providing an exciting vaping experience
- Delivering up to 9000 puffs per device
- 20ml e-liquid capacity with 50mg nicotine strength for satisfying throat hit
- Specialized pirate-themed e-juice flavors for rich, swirling taste
- Premium mesh coil optimizes flavor profile for maximum vaping enjoyment
This disposable vape captures the daring spirit of the high seas with its flask styling and signature pirate e-juice flavors. The extraordinary battery life provides 9000 indulgent puffs for extended vaping pleasure. Live boldly and freely with the Jack's Flask - a legendary vaping experience fit for a pirate's adventures.
When Should You Replace Your Atomizer?
As mentioned above, different types of atomizers come with varying lifespans. But in some cases, you may need to replace them once they exhibit any of the following signs:
- The wick appears burnt, black, or dirty.
- Your ‘new’ e-juice has changed into a dark shade right away.
- There are yellow or brown traces in your e-liquid, which means burnt materials have escaped from the wicks.
- The flavor seems ‘off’ or weak.
- You hear a gurgling noise when you inhale. This is a sign that the liquid has entered the airflow chamber – and the coils have been flooded.
- The device’s error message says ‘shorted.’ This could mean the coil is damaged or incorrectly installed.
How to Make Your E-Cigarette Atomizer Last
If you want to prolong the life of your different types of vape atomizers, then you need to follow these tips:
- Store your device upright in a room-temperature area.
- Don’t drop your vape pod!
- Refill the tank before the liquid runs out. If the wick dries out, it won’t be as effective. It will burn quickly as well.
- Replace the coils as necessary.
An atomizer works to vaporize the e-juice so you can inhale it. This function is made possible by its two components: the coil and the wick.
There are different atomizer types that can suit your style and budget. They are the cartomizer, clearomizer, and rebuildable dripping atomizer.
I hope I have satisfied your curiosity about the vaping atomizer! But if there’s anything else you need to know, go ahead and post your question below.